We are all familiar with the beautiful flowers of the hibiscus plant. Not only are they lovely to look at but they also offer many benefits for your hair and skin. The flowers have been used for centuries in Ayurvedic and Chinese medicine to make a healthful tea and for external use in the form of skin and hair treatments. The petals contain Alpha-Hydroxy Acids (AHA), Vitamin C and several organic acids that aid in skin, scalp and hair restoration. Hibiscus powder is also known as the ‘botox’ plant and is a must for natural beauty treatments!
You can use our hibiscus powder to make a tea, or sprinkle it on your food. Research has shown it to reduce cholesterol, lower blood sugar levels and reduce hypertension. It may also improve digestion, can relieve menstrual pain and contains flavonoids which have been found to have anti-depressant activity. It contains anti-bacterial phytochemicals and two powerful anti-oxidants: quercetin and anthocyanin.
• Stimulates dormant hair follicles and kickstarts new hair growth.
• The amino acids bond to the hair shaft thus increasing strength and elasticity and helping to eliminate split ends.
• Helps to eliminate dandruff and itchy scalps.
• Conditions the hair and helps to prevent dryness and frizz.
• Increases skin elasticity by inhibiting the enzyme elastase. This enzyme is responsible for breaking down our skin’s elastin.
• The organic acids, including citric and mallic acid, assist in evening out skin tone, removing dark spots, age spots and hyperpigmentation.
• The astringent effect helps to reduce large pores.
• The high mucilage content helps to keep the skin moisturised and supple.
• Natural surfactants called saponins assist in cleansing the skin and in the shedding of dead skin cells.
• Anti-oxidants help to prevent damage to skin by pollution, increase cell turnover and help to combat acne.
Our hibiscus powder is certified organic by Ecocert and is safe for human consumption. It has not been irradiated.